Tuesday, August 27, 2019

Morning Walk with Grandchildren between 10 a.m. to 11 a.m. on Tuesday the 27 Aug 2019 - P.Natarajan., camp: Canton MI.

Morning Walk with Grandchildren between 10 a.m. to 11 a.m. on  Tuesday the 27 Aug 2019   -   P.Natarajan., camp: Canton MI.

The Canton MI weather today morning was so much inviting and compelled me to take the walk, though it was late by some measure. I came out of the garage door and put my first step forward when I heard a loud voice " Wait, Children want to come with you " and I realized that it was my wife standing near the main door partly open.

In quick time Neel, my grandson (9 years) and Isha (5 years) joined me. Time was 10 a.m. then.  Neel decided to go northward first. We reached the main road in 10 minutes when Neel and Isha turned left on the walking trail. This is the same route I take during my morning walks-so I was very much amused.

The ambiance was calm and cool and we three only were waking on the track. N & I were keeping the same pace as I.  The breeze was caressing and the Sun was shy and hiding.
Neel started singing loud and Isha joined him simultaneously. Songs from My Fair Lady, Sound of Music and many others were flowing in lifting rhythm and moving in appeal. They sang almost for 15 minutes when we reached the first entrance of ‘Central Park’ !. We continued walking when Neel announced that we would be reaching ‘Rockefeller’ in the next 10 minutes. Brother and sister were talking about their School reopening in a few days and their readiness to meet their friends and so on. I was enjoying the music and soothing weather, nevertheless the joyful company of the grandchildren.

I suggested starting the return walk in the same direction as we reached ‘Rockefeller’ but Neel preferred to cover more distance and he turned left at ‘Rockefeller’ and entered into the campus of the living area. I saw the time and told Isha and Neel that we had done 30 minutes of walking so far. Neel knew the route and without any doubt, he went past the “Liberty turn” and took the next left turn “Statin Rd”.  It was a long road and almost took 15 minutes to complete. We reached the ‘Central Park” junction when Isha came to me to carry her forward. When I obliged she changed her mind to walk on her own. They continued singing but not so loud as we were walking in the living area. We turned right at the signboard ‘Central Park’ and were relieved to see the Gazebo, the landmark near our residence. As we had covered almost 45 minutes of walking, children were tired and I was wondering how they made it without any murmur.

Isha started running from gazebo point towards home, Neel walked calmly through the track home. Their Patti was anxiously waiting and patted Isha for walking so long and so much distance with Thatha. Both Neel and Isha conferred loudly that it was so much delightful to walk with Thatha hand in hand and singing gay-abandon under the blue sky. It was 11 a.m. sharp as we entered home.

pn





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home