Sunday, April 29, 2018

‘Quiz involving divine/celebrity couples’ P.Natarajan.

‘Quiz involving divine/celebrity couples’
  • P.Natarajan.

Isn’t life a collection of weird quizzes with no answers to half of the questions ?. The key to wisdom is constant questioning,  for by doubting we are led to question, by questioning we arrive at the truth. The teachers who already know the answers question the student population. The question ‘ why ‘ triggers the thought process. Asking for the answers is an integral part of quizzing. Asking for what you want is a necessary part of life and one should remember the following while asking:-
  1. Ask with commitment
  2. Ask with awareness
  3. Ask without fear
  4. Ask with trust
  5. Ask without expectation
With this brief introduction, let me begin to ask the questions relating to divine/celebrity couples :- ( Answers are given at the bottom. Pl. try to answer first before looking at the answers. Here we go:-

1 I was born in Nepal, married and settled down in India. I was destined to stay for a short time in a neighboring country. SalMAN and I underwent misery for a common cause. Who am I ? and who is my divine husband ?
  1. She is the first to write a love letter in Sanskrit to the Lord. Who is she and who is he Lord ? {
  2. What Rukmini wrote to the Lord ?
         
    (4) They are power couple. One rules the field and the other the tinsel world. Their Milan happened recently. Who are these celebrity couples?
        
    (5) He was attracted to her by seeing her cover photo in a popular magazine. The difference in their height was not a matter of importance. She turned to politics in 2004 and she attends Rajya Sabha for 4 terms. Who are the celebrity couples?
 
 (6) I was  brought up in a hermitage, married a prince by gandharva vivaha. But I lost the signet ring in a river. A sage cursed me that the prince would forget me as I was thinking about him ignoring the sage when he visited our ashram. By a divine comedy, I was united with the Prince, Who are the famous couples in the background?
 (7) What is the famous Sanskrit play which tells the story of Shakuntala and who is its author?

 (8) What is the meaning of the name Dushyant ?
 (9) She was betrothed at the age of 5. Joined her husband at the age of 18. He  revered her as a goddess. She was a great devotee of Kali Mata. Who are these worshipable couple of the 20th Century?
 (10) I am cynosure of beauty or cynosure of all eyes. My counter part holds the world of desire. Who are the celestial couple ?
 (11) It was an arranged marriage when she at 14 married him aged 13. Recalling the day of marriage her husband one day remarked “ As we didn’t know much about marriage, for us it was meant only wearing new clothes, eating sweets, bursting crackers, singing songs and playing with relatives”.  Clue 1:- They were married for 62 years and had 5 sons. The first two were born before the husband went abroad. Clue 2. She died at the age of 74 in Aga Khan palace in Pune }. Now answer who are the celebrity couples?
(12) She rides a swan . His flower is Lotus. Who are the divine couples?
Clue1; He has three heads. Clue 2 only if still needed :- She is goddess of knowledge }

(13) Husband drives a domestic animal. His consort drives a ferocious animal. Who are the divine couples? Clue :- The are Jagathou Pithorou in Sanskrit or 'Mata and Pita '(in English) of the world.


(14) This question relates to a vratam being observed by married women. In North for example Karwa Chauth is one such vratam. What is the similar one observed in South India.
Who are the characters connected with the vrtam?
(15) I am identified with the morning star.My husband with Ursa Major. I am described in the epic poems as the epitome of chastity. Who am I? Clue:- A special.ritual in the marriage ceremony after saptapadi brings me into the focus of attention by the newly weds. Who am I ?
(16) Their love story is eternal and sublime. It is symbolic of divine union between Jivatma and Paramatma or individual self and the Universal self. Their story is a legend conquering Times. It signifies a bhakti movement. They remain as lovers for ever !! Who are these spiritual two ?  
(17) He is worshipped both as a bachelor or married. His one of the consorts bless you with ‘gains’ and the other bless you with ‘ Intelligence ‘. His two sons bless you with wealth and welfare. Who is the god and his consorts and who are the sons? { Clue 1:- he is also worshipped as a bachelor God. Clue 2:- He is the first god to begin with for any puja.
(18) First part of his name means opposite of decrease and his wife shines like a Star, He has won laurels in film world and most sought after, His wife is also an actor.
(19) The ensuing two questions do not relate to couples which may be noted pl.
First one:- My father’s name starts with Shiva and my mother’s ‘A’. I changed the course of a river for the convenience of my mother. I have written many bhashyams in Badri which are well known. Who am I ?  

(20)  Second one and concluding question of this Quiz Competition in a poetic form:-
        I am He who held me
        Eons ago was I born
        Let your cattle feed on me
        And come and be sheltered from the storm. Name me ?
pn




Answers:-
  1. { Ans: Sita and Rama }

2.{ Ans: Rukmini and Lord Krishna }

3.    {Ans:- Srimad Bhagavatam, Ch.52 verses 37 to 43. The first verse begins “ Sruthva Gunan Bhuvana Sundara Srinvatham te” }

( Rukmini & Krishna are made for each other )


I Heard about your noble qualities, oh the most handsome person in the world, Looking at you removes the stress, you are second to none in knowledge, beauty and wealth, Sisupala can not steal the property of a lion, I have chosen to marry you, come to Vidharpa tomorrow, there is a grand procession to worship our family deity Girija Devi. You can carry me then. If you don’t have mercy I shall simply give up my vital energy, after 100s of life time endeavors, I may obtain your mercy }

4.  { Ans: Virat Kohli and Anushka Sharma }

5. { Ans: big ‘B’ and Jaya Bhaduri }

6. { Ans: Shakuntala and Dushyant }

7.{ Abhijnana Shakuntalam, Kalidasa is the author }


8. { Ans: Destroyer of evil }

9. { Ans:Ramakrishna Paramahamsa and Sarada Devi }

10. {Ans:-  Rathi and Manmatha or lord of Kama }

11, { Kasturba and Gandhiji}

12. { Ans:- Brahma and Saraswathy }

13, { Ans: Parvathy and Parameswara }

(Nandikeswara carries Parameshwara)

14. { Ans:- Karadayan Nonbu and the characters are: Satyavan, Savitri }

15. { Ans: Arundhati }
16. { Ans:- Radha and Krishna }

17.{ Ans: Lord Ganesha. His wives: Siddhi and Buddhi, Sons: Labh and Kshem

18. { Ans: Akshay Kumar and Twinkle khanna}

19. { Adi Sankara }



20. Ans:- { Govardhan Hills }





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home